- Product Reviews
- Document Center
McKinney 1502 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" Single Acting Spring Hinge Standard Weight.
McKinney 1502 4-1/2" x 4-1/2" Three Knuckle Single Acting Spring Hinge Standard Weight, The McKinney 1502 spring hinges are recommended for standard weight, medium frequency doors in place of door closers. McKinney 1502 series standard-weight single-acting spring hinges are packed with all machines and all wood screws.
For door weights up to 115 pounds, use two McKinney 1502 4-1/2" height spring hinges and one equivalent size bearing hinge.
For door weights up to 150 pounds, use three McKinney 1502 4-1/2" height spring hinges.
McKinney 1502 Spring Hinge Features
- Spring hinges are an alternative to door-closing devices. Generally, two hinges on the door must be spring hinges to provide adequate closing force. NFPA requires a minimum of two (2) spring hinges on labeled doors
- This non-handed spring hinge series is adjustable and tension can be added or reduced by means of a hex key that is provided
- The locking screw provides tamper resistance after the proper tension has been set.
- Caution: Use of gasketing for smoke or sound protection, wind conditions or unbalanced air pressure, twisted or misaligned frames or doors, door bottoms, and improper latch adjustment may prevent doors from latching. Additional spring hinges may be required.
- 3 Knuckle Hinge
- Finishes available: US3, US26, US26D
- The gauge of metal: .134
McKinney 1502 Spring Hinge Specifications
|Hinge Size:||4.5" x 4.5"|
|Wood Screw:||1-1/4 x 12 F.H.|
|Machine Screws:||1/2 x12-24 F.H|
|Number of Holes:||8|
McKinney T2714-5x4.5 Certifications
- Opens in a new window.